Tuesday 5 January 2016

Mio's Drawing 2yrs 7mths



Since Mio was a baby she seemed to be grasping concepts and developing beyond what is 'normal'. At 2 years and 7 months she's a bright little cookie with very advanced language and communication skills and wonderful fine motor skills. She loves to draw and write and has been enjoying drawing faces and people over the past month or so. I was rather impressed with her drawing today which she told me was of a person with one hand on it's head (below)


I've been reading up on drawing development which with a background in primary school education and creative arts I'm finding really interesting. Her drawing above indicates she's in the pre-schematic stage of drawing which typically begins around 4 years of age but can occur earlier. I'm really enjoying watching her learn and develop, she's such a delight to be around.



No comments:

Post a Comment