Wednesday 17 September 2014

Gluten Free Vegan Chocolate Brownies

For the most part I'm pretty hopeless at following recipes and even more hopeless at writing my own, I'm one of those throw everything together kind of people. But this time I managed to get a recipe on paper and test it out a couple of times. I even made it for Dave's Tafe bake sale and I felt just a little chuffed that they went down well and sold out before the other baked goods.

Gluten free is a necessity for my daughter and I and although my food intolerances eventually made too hard for me to be vegan I still believe wholeheartedly in everything it stands for and do my best to make vegan food for most meals. Vegan desserts are actually really easy to make super tasty, gluten free takes a bit more tweaking but I'm happy with these brownies and they stay moist for days which has been one of my struggles with perfecting gluten free baking.




Gluten Free Chocolate Brownies

1 cup amaranth flour

1/2 cup corn starch

1/2 cup tapioca starch

1/2 cup raw sugar

1/3 cup raw cacao

1 tsp baking powder

2 Tbs ground flax seeds

1 tsp vanilla extract or ground vanilla beans

2/3 cup coconut oil

1 cup water

150g chopped walnuts or chocolate pieces (or both)


Mix together dry ingredients (leaving out the walnuts/chocolate pieces). Melt the coconut oil and mix through the dry ingredients then add water and stir well. Add walnuts/ chocolate pieces and stir to combine. Pour into a prepared 7x10 inch pan and bake for 15-20mins at 180 degrees Celsius or until a skewer comes out clean when inserted. Leave the brownie to cool in the pan for a few minutes before turning out and cool completely before slicing.


No comments:

Post a Comment