Saturday 16 November 2013

Hand Stitched

I am a big fan of hand sewing, to me it is like a meditation. Making garments by hand stitching them requires patience and is incredibly rewarding. One of my favorite designers is Natalie Chanin who's label Alabama Chanin includes gorgeous clothing all hand sewn from organic cotton.

I made a top from her book Alabama Studio Sewing and Design found here. At the moment my breastfeeding boobs make it hard to find clothes that fit well and I just followed the pattern so I would have liked it to turn out a little more fitted around the waist and hips but overall I like how it turned out. I chose organic cotton jersey for quality and sustainability. I have many more ideas and look forward to making my own patterns with which I can make beautiful hand stitched clothing.










No comments:

Post a Comment