Thursday 10 October 2013

Healing With Whole Foods

For a few years now I have had problems with stomach aches and a variety of food intolerances. Partly due to doctors not listening to me I've avoided looking into it fully, instead choosing to avoid the foods I have trouble with and eat a healthy diet filled with a variety of whole foods.

After having Mio it seems that my body has had enough and everything I eat makes me feel terrible (except for carrot juice!). I decided that now is the time to look into this further because it is beginning to really worry me. I've begun what will probably will be a long series of tests to get to the bottom of this, I found a doctor that acknowledges alternative therapies as a legitimate process in healing and I'm ready for the journey.

Whatever the diagnosis I know that nutrition and whole foods are going to be an important part in the process of healing. At the moment I'm reading a fantastic book called Healing With Whole Foods by Paul Pitchford, it's a fantastic book full of amazing information. I would definitely recommend this book for anyone interested in nutrition and healing, it is full of information but is still easy to read for the lay person- I learn something new on every page!


No comments:

Post a Comment