Tuesday 2 July 2013

Four Weeks

This past week has been pretty rough. India got really sick and barely ate anything for 4 days which meant that her body just wasn't getting what it needed to help her get better and in turn it just made her get sicker. She has never been that sick in her entire life, it turned from a bad cold into conjunctivitis and an ear ache (both things she has never had before) we had to resort to pain killers (another thing we have never needed to do) just to stop the pain and tears. Despite taking olive leaf extract and vitamin C and eating really well I ended up getting sick too, I was so sick that I spent an entire day in bed- I don't think I have ever done that. Dave had a film job in Geelong to do so he was away overnight, taking care of my sick self and two children was not much fun. Mio was great through it all she probably liked that I spent so much time snuggled up in bed with her. I thought she was going to get away with not catching what we had (especially since I was taking so much olive leaf extract and vitamin C) but late on Sunday night she started crying (again, this is something that just doesn't happen) and I knew that she must have finally come down with it. She spent all of Monday sleeping in my arms, there were parts of the day when she was happy but I could tell she was pretty sick and it was really upsetting because I knew exactly how she was feeling. I can't remember India really getting sick as a baby (at least not while she was so little) so it made me feel so terrible. I've been keeping her close and she seems a whole lot better already even after just a day of being sick. Dave thought he was going to get away with not getting sick but has just come down with it too. Never have our whole family been sick at the same time, this week has been a whole lot of firsts for us and I'm not happy about it. This bug really floored me, I'm still getting over it, I'm hoping that with Dave and India both on holidays now we can get out and enjoy these beautiful winter days we've been having.

No comments:

Post a Comment