Thursday 30 May 2013

Handstands

I read about a handstand-a-day challenge a couple of weeks ago and fell in love with the idea but with labour and birth just around the corner I thought that it would probably be better to wait a while before a commit myself to that one. Earlier in my pregnancy I was doing handstands and inversions everyday but as the early morning got colder and my pregnancy progressed my practice turned more quiet and spiritual. While still making sure I included inversions in my practice I stopped doing them daily. With the handstand-a-day challenge on my mind I have decided to do as many inversions as I can until the baby is born because they make me feel great. My body will need time to rest and recover after the birth so I will be leaving them out of my practice for a short while so I have to lap up all the good feelings they bring while I can.

So here I am 39 weeks and 1 day enjoying a bit of rainy day handstand fun.


No comments:

Post a Comment