Wednesday 15 May 2013

37 Weeks

Our baby is now considered full term now so whenever he/she is ready over the next few weeks we will be welcoming our new little one into the world. I've had quite an intense week with Braxton Hicks contractions and I have spent the last couple of days relaxing a lot and doing the last bits of sewing and knitting I wanted to finish before the baby is born. The Braxton Hicks contractions seem to be almost constant through the day and then ease off in the evening.

I had a very emotional day yesterday, I just felt like crying all day for no reason at all. It's to be expected I guess with all the hormones running wild. The good thing is that I haven't had any acid reflux at all in the past week.

The baby has stopped his/her crazy growth spurt so I'm back to eating a normal amount of food again. It's nice not to be hungry all the time.

We still need to set up the birth pool and buy a hose that will be long enough to go from the bathroom to the bedroom so we can fill it up. I've been preparing India a bit more for what things might be like when I'm in labour and I've given her the job of drawing pictures of me giving birth so that we can make a little book together.

I measured around my belly just to see how big it really is, 108cm- that's over a metre! Baby should be around 3kg. The average birth weight is 3.5kg but all babies are different and it depends very much on genetics now. India was 3.3kg and 50cm long at birth so baby number two will probably be pretty similar.


Now that I can see a photo of my belly I can see why people keep saying "you must be ready to pop!", it is looking quite big now but I don't think it feels as big as it looks.

No comments:

Post a Comment