Wednesday 27 February 2013

Acceptance

Pregancy is a time of change and growth. As your belly grows and body changes it's really important to surrender and accept the changes you are going through.
As a yogi I have learned to accept and embrace the changes I am going through both physically and mentally over the past 6 months. There are many asana that I love to practice but are unsuitable for my pregnant body and I have found it helpful to remember that not everything lasts forever and change is inevitable. Yoga is a practice which means that every day we will face new challenges whether we are pregnant or not. This also goes outside the practice of yoga, I remember the days when I could lie on my back and fit into all my clothes but I know that all too soon I willbe doing that again and remembering the beautiful time that is now. When we are pregnant we are not ourselves, we are more than ourselves and as the days and weeks fly by I cherish every moment because lovingly bringing new life into the world is the most amazing thing I will ever do.

So here's a reminder to myself and to everyone out there that acceptance of ourselves in all stages of our life is so important and that without it we will never truely be at peace within our bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment