Wednesday 30 January 2013

22 Weeks

Home again! The past month has been very busy, my trip to Brisbane and our honeymoon in Spain has kept me busy. It's great to be back home again and I'm very excited to get into some more time alone with my baby belly and focus on my yoga and meditation.

I've picked up my knitting needles again and have plans to make many more beautiful little baby clothes over the next few months.

The trip home from Spain was quite taxing on me. Our transfers were really quick- which is usually a good thing- and two of our flights were delayed after boarding which meant that we spent a couple of extra hours sitting on a plane than we should have and I had no time to stretch  my legs after each flight. I tried my best to get up and stretch my legs and move around but I still had a bit of fluid retention by the end of our trip. I tried leaving it for a couple of days and making sure I included plenty of inversions in my yoga routine as well as drinking lots of water to flush out my kidneys but my legs still felt tight and uncomfortable so I started taking some herbs mum gave me. The herbs along with the extra calcium and magnesium I have been having solved the problem and after a few days of rest I feel back to normal again.

Since we got back from Spain India has been showering my belly with kisses. She's belly height on me so I get lots of cuddles and kisses.

My belly is getting so big, I don't think I noticed how round it's looking under all the layers of clothing I had on in Spain. My little baby is so wriggly and the kicks are quite strong these days. This little one is about 27cm long now and getting chubbier. Developing nerve endings in the fingertips makes for increased sense of touch and helps the little one to explore his/her surroundings. Interestingly, although he/she is growing hair it lacks pigment at this point.

No comments:

Post a Comment