Wednesday 3 October 2012

5 Weeks

Mama's been quite tired this week. Loving the early nights and lazy days. I'll be back to work again next week so I'm making the most of my rest and the beautiful Melbourne spring weather.

I've been enjoying yoga and I'm continuing to eat well. Last week slow cooked chunks of carrot in curry was my thing, as well as sauerkraut; but this week I think it's eggplant. Eggplant on homemade pizza, eggplant curry, eggplant anything would be good. I'm still keen on the sauerkraut but that's nothing unusual for me.

I went to a Chinese doctor yesterday, I'm hoping that one day my food sensitivities will disappear. It feels like I've been trying to work this out forever. Anyway, it's probably to do with my liver so I'm taking some interesting herbs and I'll see where that goes. I've also been taking milk thistle extract for my liver and since I started about 5 days ago I haven't felt at all queasy. Milk thistle is great for your liver and considering the liver is where all these crazy new hormones are getting processed I think it's been helping my liver to function better. Here's hoping I don't get morning sickness!

India is so excited about being a big sister, she can't wait. She's already set aside some of her toys for the baby. She also decided to announce the news to the ladies in the health food shop.

Here's a picture of the doting big sister loving my belly.


The little baby-to-be is now about 2mm long. Growing so fast! I can feel my uterus getting bigger everyday. Not a lot for all you outsiders to see but here's me at 5 weeks.

No comments:

Post a Comment